Dr. Pragnesh D. Navlakha
B. P. College of Business Administration (BBA)
KADI SARVA VISHWAVIDYALAYA, Gandhinagar
- Ph. D. (Management)
- MBA (Marketing), BBA
- UGC NET Qualified (DEC 12 – Subject: Management)
- Diploma in Computer Applications (DCA) – Gujarat University
- Stood 3rd at State Board Examination (GSEB) in 12th standard in the year 2001.
- 2 years Industry Experience and 12 years Academic Experience (Working with B. P. College of Business Administration since July 2008) [14 years total]
Research Experience: Publication
“To Study the Market Capitalization Behavior of Indian Debt Market”, Navlakha, P. D., Joshi, N. S., John, M., “Emerging Role of Financial Services – Insurance and Banking” (2012) eds. Denis Litty, Tanna J. J., Bansal A. & Prusty R., Mangalam Publishers & Distributors, Delhi, West Gonda, ISBN 978-81-89972-83-7.
“A Detailed Review of Literature on “Social Networking” – A Global Perspective”. Navlakha P. D., & Baser N., “VIVECHAN International Journal of Research” Vol. XXX, (2016), ISSN: 0976-8211.
“A Study of Social Networking Usage Habits of School Children”, Navlakha P. D. & Baser N., “International Journal of Research in Management, Economics and Commerce”, ISSN (Online) 2250-057X, Volume 07, Issue 07, July 2017, Page 98-104. Impact Factor: 6.384.
“A Study of Parents’ Opinion About Effects of Social Networking Usage by School Children”, Navlakha P. D. & Baser N., “International Journal of Innovation in Engineering Research and Management” ISSN (Online) 2348-4918, Vol. 4, Issue IV, August 2017, Page 1-10, Impact Factor: 1.223
Research Experience: Presentation
- Presented a joint research paper titled “Applicability of Statistical Techniques on Stock Exchange Trends” in ICOM-2009, a national level conference conducted by S. K. Patel Institute of Management and Computer Studies.
- Presented a research paper titled “Impact of FII Movements on the Disposable Income of Indian Citizens” in National Conference on “Recent Trends in Business, Management, IT and Business English”, jointly organized by Smt. S. I. Patel Ipcowala College of Commerce, Petlad and Indian Commerce Association (Gujarat Chapter) – December 2011.
- Presented a research paper titled “Study of Customer Preferences for Travel Bags while Travelling by Trains” titled “Applicability of Statistical Techniques on Stock Exchange Trends” in National Seminar on Competitive Business Environment – Emerging Issues in Competitive Business Environment, organized by I. V. Patel College of Commerce (UGC Sponsored) – October 2012.
- Presented a research paper titled “A Study of Popularity on Different Air Conditioner Brands and Measurement of Satisfaction Level of Customers” in UGC Sponsored National Seminar on “ Changing Focus of Accounting and Disclosure”, organized by Department of Business Studies, Sardar Patel University, Vallbh Vidyanagar as on 27th January, 2018.
- Presented a research paper titled “A Study of Opinions of Parents Regarding Effects on Family due to Social Networking Services (SNS) usage by their Teen Age Children” in International Conference on “Ample Opportunities and Growth Prospects in Economy of India”, organized by School of Commerce and Management, Dr. Babasaheb Ambedkar Open University, Ahmedabad, on December 7th and 8th, 2019.
Participation in Faculty Development Programs
- Participated in one week National Level Faculty Development Programme, organized by Jabalpur Management Association at Jabalpur, Madhya Pradesh. Dates: 28th April to 4th May 2016.
- Attended 3 days International Faculty Development Program on “Interactive Teaching Methods Including Active & Problem Based Learning, 4 Cs Theory and Employability Skills For The 21st Century World of Work” held at Kadi Sarva Vishwavidyalaya, Gandhinagar during August 2017.
- Attended one day International Faculty Development Programme on “Conduction of Innovative and Creative workshops” held at Kadi Sarva Vishwavidyalaya in association with Lapland University of Applied Sciences on 11th February, 2020.
Participation in Workshops and Seminars
- Attended 5 Sundays certificate course on Import Export, offered by AMA – year 2007. Attended Sunday Workshops of Soft Skills at AMA on the topics of: Stress Management, Johari Window, Time Management and Emotional Intelligence at Workplace.
- Attended workshop on Research Methodology, conducted by S.K. Patel Institute of Management and Computer Studies (SKPIMCS) – year 2009
- Participated in workshop on “Labour Laws – A Manager Should Know”, conducted by AMA – year 2010.
- Attended a faculty development program on “Research Methodology and Inter – Disciplinary Research”, conducted at AMA, organized by Uma Arts and Nathiba Commerce College (UGC Sponsored) – year 2012.
- Participated in National Seminar on “Important provisions of Companies Act, 2013 and significant aspects of Project Preparation”, jointly organized by City C.U. Shah Commerce College and Gujarat University Area Accountancy Teachers’ Association as on 22nd September, 2013.
- Attended a 3 days’ workshop on “Promotion of culture of Quality through Research” organized by Ashvinbhai A. Patel Commerce College (A constituent college of Kadi Sarva Vishwavidyalaya) during 1st – 3rd May, 2014.
- Attended one day orientation workshop on Introduction to Research for Ph. D. study, as a part of course work program, organized by Dr. Baba Saheb Ambedkar Open University, Ahmedabad, on 22nd December 2013.
- Attended two day workshop on Research Methodology and Computer Application, as a part of course work program, organized by Dr. Baba Saheb Ambedkar Open University, Ahmedabad, on 4th and 5th January 2014.
- Attended two day workshop on Research Methodology, Academic Writing and Computer Application, as a part of course work program, organized by Dr. Baba Saheb Ambedkar Open University, Ahmedabad, on 18th and 19th January 2014.
- Attended 3 days’ workshop on “Promotion of culture of Quality through Research” organized by Ashwinbhai A. Patel Commerce College (A constituent college of Kadi Sarva Vishwavidyalaya) during 1st – 3rd May, 2014.
- Attended 3 days Faculty Development Programme on “Goods and Services Tax”, organized by Kadi Sarva Vishwavidyalaya on 1st – 3rd May, 2017.
- Participated in NAAC Sponsored National Seminar on “New Modes of Teaching and Learning to Modernize Higher Education” organized jointly by Pramukh Swami Science and H D Patel Arts College, Kadi & Kadi Sarva Vishwa Vidyalaya during February 23-24, 2018.
- Undergone online certificate course on “Communication and Interpersonal Skills at Work” offered by Udemy between March – April 2020.
- Undergone online certificate course on “How to Create an Awesome Online Course” offered by Udemy between March – April 2020.
- Life Member, Indian Commerce Association (ICA – West Zone)
- Life Member, All India Management Association (AIMA)
- Life Member, The Indian Society for Training and Development (ISTD)
For further information: