DR. RAMAKANTA PRUSTY
Principal, B. P. College of Business Administration (BBA)
Cell : 09924116129 ; Office Tel : (079) 23245735
E-Mail : email@example.com
- Ph.D (Economics; Utkal University)
- M. Phil (Applied Economics; JNU, New Delhi)
- M. A. (Economics, Utkal University)
TEACHING & RESEARCH EXPERIENCE (19 Yrs)
- 2 years at Indian Institute of Management, Ahmedabad
- 1 year at S. K. Patel Institute of Management & Computer Studies, Gandhinagar
- 18 years (Since 1999 till date) at B P College of Business Administration, Gandhinagar
ACADEMIC HONOURS, AWARDS AND SCHOLARSHIPS
- Recipient of BHARAT VIDYA SIROMANI AWARD conferred by International Institute of Education and Management, New Delhi, on 18th December, 2015, for outstanding achievements in education.
- Awarded RESEARCH SCHOLARSHIP by CDS (Jawaharlal Nehru University) to undertake M. Phil programme
- Recipient of the NATIONAL LOAN SCHOLARSHIP during graduation
PH. D SUPERVISOR/EXAMINER
- KADI SARVA VISHWAVIDYALAYA, GANDHINAGAR, GUJARAT (Supervisor with 5 candidates)
- DYPATIL University (Examiner), Navi Mumbai, Maharashtra
BOOKS / JOURNALS
Co-Author of Books
- Principles of Economics
- Fundamentals of Macroeconomics (accepted for publication)
Co-Editor of Books
- Emerging Indian Economy in 21st Century
- Foreign Investment and Indian Economy
- Contemporary Issues of Tourism, Banking and Education
- Emerging Role of Financial Services, Insurance & Banking
- 6 papers in International Journals
- 17 papers in National Journals
- 8 papers in Edited Books
- 7 articles in English News Papers
RESEARCH PAPERS PRESENTED
- 4 papers in International Seminars
- 21 papers in National Seminars
- 6 papers in State Level Seminars
PROJECTS AND CONSULTANCY:
- Principal Investigator of the Minor Project Titled “Financial Obstacles of MSME Survival: A Case of Selected Units of Gandhinagar District” Funded by Kadi Sarva Vishwavidyalaya, Gandhinagar amounting Rs. 19000 (continuing).
- Principal Investigator of the project titled, Kalupur Commercial Cooperative Bank, Gandhinagar (continuing).
- Western Zone Coordinator for Survey under the Sponsored Project titled “Development of Corporate Governance Norms” extended by Sponsor Research and Industrial Consultancy, IIT Kharagpur, March-July, 2009 (completed).
SEMINARS/CONFERENCES/WORKSHOPS ATTENDED: Total – 16
- National Seminar on “Contemporary Issues in Management and Co-operation: Prospects and Challenges”, National Institute of Co-operative Management, Gandhinagar, Gujarat, May 5, 2013.
- UGC sponsored National Seminar on “Emerging Issues in Competitive Business Environment”, I. V. Patel College of Commerce, Nadiad, Gujarat, October 6, 2012.
- UGC (CPE-Scheme) sponsored National Seminar on “Quality Research in Higher Education” organized by Uma Arts & Nathiba Commerce Mahila College, Gandhinagar, on 26th March, 2012.
- National Workshop on “Research Methodology” organized by Sardar Patel College of Administration and Management, S P University, Feb, 2012.
- National Conference on Recent Trends in Business, Management, IT & Business English organized by Smt. SI Patel Ipcowala College of Commerce, Petlad & Indian Commerce Association on Dec. 1, 2011.
- Indian Conference on Management (ICOM) on Innovative Strategies: Emerging India in Global Scenario organized by S. K. Patel Institute of & Computer Studies (MBA), Gandhinagar during March 11-12, 2011.
- National Seminar on “Contemporary Issues in Finance” organized by Gujarat Technological University during August 26-27, 2011.
- Currently, Principal, B. P. College of Business Administration, Kadi Sarva Vishwavidyalaya, Gandhinagar, Gujarat
- Member, Board of Studies (Management), Kadi Sarva Vishwavidyalaya, Gandhinagar, Gujarat
- Member, Board of Studies, (Management), Sumandeep Vidyapeeth Deemed University, Baroda, Gujarat
- Member, Board of Studies, (Economics), Carlox Teachers University, Ahmedabad, Gujarat
- Associate Editor – Journal of Humanities, Social Sciences and Management, KSV University, Gandhinagar, Gujarat
- Western Region Coordinator for IIT, Kharagpur (2009-10) for the Government of India project titled “Development of Corporate Governance Norms For SMEs”
- Member, Editorial Board, Journal of Production, Research and Management (Special Issue) ISSN 2249-4766
- Currently, member of various committees of Kadi Sarva Vishwavidyalaya, Gandhinagar
- Member, Editorial Advisory Board, International Journal of Applied Retail and Business Management, Jammu & Kashmir
- Trainer (2004) for the middle level managers of Claris Life Sciences Ltd., Ahmedabad
- Trainer (2008) KPTL, Gandhinagar, IHM, Ahmedabad, Kendriya Vidyalay, Sect. 30, Gandhinagar
- Life-time Member (a) Orissa Economic Association, Orissa, (b) Gujarat University Economics Area Teachers’ Association, Gujarat.
- Coordinator, NAAC Steering Committee, B P College of Business Administration, Gandhinagar in 2006-07. The college was accredited with B+ grade.
- Programme Coordinator, Business Skill Development (BSD) Course of MSME-Development Institute, Ministry of Micro, Small & Medium Enterprises, Government of India for Ahmedabad MSME Institute at S K Patel Institute of Management and Computer Studies, Gandhinagar in 2009
- Deputy Superintendent of AIEEE Exams of Government of India (2008 and 2011) at S. K. Patel Institute Centre, Gandhinagar.
RESOURCE PERSON TO
- Associate Editor, Journal of Humanities, Social Science and Management, Kadi Sarva Vishwavidyalaya, Gandhinagar, Gujarat.
- Life Member, Orissa Economic Association, Orissa.
- Life Member, Gujarat University Economics Area Teachers’ Association, Gujarat.
- Member, Board of Studies, Kadi Sarva Vishwavidyalaya, Gandhinagar, Gujarat.
- Member, Board of Studies, Calorx Teacher’s University, Ahmedabad, Gujarat
- Member, Editorial Board, Journal of Production, Research and Management (Special Issue). [ISSN 2249-4766].
TRAINING PROGRAMMES / WORKSHOPS / CONFERENCES ORGANISED:
- “English Language Training Programme” under the aegis of SCOPE run by Government of Gujarat for Management Students at B. P. College of Business Administration, Gandhinagar from 10-09-2013 to 10-12-2013 (45 days).
- “Employability Skills Programme” run by IL&FS Skill Development Corporation Ltd., Ahmedabad – A Joint Initiative with National Skill Development Corporation, with focus on English for Employability and Life Skills for the management students at B. P. College of Business Administration, Gandhinagar from 10-9-2013 to 29-10-2013 (180 hrs.)
- One-day workshop on “Recent Changes in the Indian Capital Market” jointly organized by the Institute of Company Secretaries and the National Stock Exchange of India at B. P. College of Business Administration, Gandhinagar on August 2, 2013.